Careers: Finance & Operations Manager
We are looking for an experienced Finance and Operations Manager to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures on a daily basis. Normally based in Kildare Street, the chosen candidate will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the operational leadership and financial management of the organisation.
While primarily responsible for the financial management of the company, the successful candidate will also be in charge of overseeing the building and facilities as well as HR management.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a fast paced collaborative team and be part of its future success.
This role will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will also work closely with the Board (as company secretary)..
- Work in close collaboration with the CEO to set and drive organizational vision, operational strategy, and hiring needs
- Manage all aspects of financial management including preparation of accounts, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation
- Manage and develop internal control policies and procedures
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning
- Ensure full compliance with all regulatory and good governance principles especially as they relate to charities
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Prepare timely monthly financial statements, budgets and financial forecasts
- Oversee company operations, including building and office management
- Ensure effective recruitment, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention, with a view to building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Prepare and analyse monthly payroll
- A strong communicator, with the capability to operate competently in both written and spoken French
- 5+ years of overall experience as Finance and Operations Manager
- Honours degree in Accounting or a similar discipline, NFQ level 8
- Experience of analysis, interpretation and implementation of accounting principles and procedures
- Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues
- Demonstrate leadership experience in a comparable environment providing coaching and a hands-on approach where required.
- A highly organised team player with proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
We will offer a competitive salary to the successful applicant, together with an attractive holiday allowance and a contribution to the pension scheme.
We may not be in a position to respond to all candidates and can only guarantee a response to short listed candidates.
AFD welcomes applications from candidates eligible to work and live in Ireland. We are an equal opportunities employer.