Join our team! Alliance Française Dublin (AFD) aims to promote French culture and provide a space for intercultural exchange between Ireland and the cultures of the French-speaking world. It is a registered Irish charity, employing 50 people. With over 3,000 students a year, we are the third largest Alliance in Europe, after Paris and Brussels, the 19th in the world
Please find below our current job opportunities.
Due to the high demand from our learners, we are always on the lookout for FLE teachers.
- Teach French to a wide range of students at levels A1 to C1, either face-to-face or co-modally, at our premises.
- Implement a modern pedagogy, based on a communicative approach and the pedagogical progression of the Alliance Française de Dublin;
- Evolve in a competitive and dynamic multicultural context, with a reactive and demanding public;
- Participate in meetings and training sessions;
- Participate in pedagogical development projects;
- Participate in the general activities of the Alliance Française de Dublin.
Skills and training:
- Training: Master MEEF, M1 FLE, DAEFLE, DPAFP
- Current presence in Ireland desirable;
- Professional experience in teaching FLE to young learners preferred;
- Good communication skills, initiative and adaptability;
- Demonstrate dynamism, enthusiasm, involvement, flexibility and cultural openness;
- DELF-DALF examiner/corrector accreditation would be a plus;
- Versatility: openness to innovative teaching practices and teaching different types of classes would be appreciated.
- Flexible hours contract
- Group lessons: firstly evenings 6:30-8:30 pm or Saturdays for children
- Individual lessons: variable, according to demand
- Remuneration: Precise salary conditions will be specified after the interview for shortlisted candidates.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please apply to with a cover letter and attaching your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject matter of the email.
We may not be in a position to respond to all candidates and can only guarantee a response to short listed candidates.
AFD welcomes applications from candidates eligible to work and live in Ireland. We are an equal opportunities employer.
As a non-profit organization, AFD is also often looking for volunteers and interns, see how you can make a difference here.